A Free Talk on “Developing Emotional Intelligence For A Stress Free Life - II” by Mr. Shoumya Swaroop Patnaikk on 27th July, 2012 at 3:30pm at HELP.
Does IVF cause premature births ?
14 hours ago
Therapeutic Foods of Unani Medicine
A talk by Dr. Ghazala Shaikh at HELP on 23rd July on Unani Medicine.
In this holy month of Ramadan, Dr.Ghazala Shaikh tells us about the choice of foods we ought to eat. A Unani phytotherapist, she starts with the quote that sums up the essence of Unani medicine:
Let thy food be our medicine and let thy medicine be your food.
She then moves on to the foods that are therapeutic for this season:
I) WHOLE GRAINS
· Brown Rice
II) BEANS AND LEGUMES
· Mung beans: mild diuretic effect, cleansing and healing for the genitourinary tract.
· Black beans are strengthening to the kidneys
· Adzuki beans are therapeutic in diabetes
III) Vegetables ……Pot herbs..alkalinizer
· Root vegetables….Restorative e.g. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, Yam, beet, celery and parsley
· Leafy vegetables…… build blood
· Bitter green…e.g. dandelion, bittergourd, detox liver, increases bile flow
· Spicy vegetables: stimulates circulation, immunity and digestion…..
V) nuts and seeds
· Almonds …..Rich source of Protein
· Walnuts…… brain tonic ( doctrine of sign)
· Pumpkin seeds…..good for prostate
· Sesame seed…..lubricate bowels, nutritious and easily digestible
· Black seeds….Kalonji…. Shouneez..
VI) MILK AND DAIRY PRODUCTS
· Milk… most cold, moist and phlegm forming
· Cow’s milk…. heaviest, richest and hardest to digest
VII) MEAT POULTRY AND EGGS
· Fishes /seafood
APITHERAPY (honey and by products)
· Honey…Ambrosia…Food of God
· honey and honeybee products, like pollen, beeswax, royal jelly and propolis.
· Honey is lighter, dyer, and more heating than many other sugars and sweeteners
· Soothing and demulcent, stimulates the stomach and digestion, and is a mild laxative
· Famous for its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties..
She then concludes with the quote: “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
PAID WORKSHOP ON CHAKRA MEDITATION @ HELP
19 July 2012 at 11a.m.
I shall give you a brief description of what this meditation is all about.
The word chakra comes from sanskrit word for "spinning wheel" and is defined as that which supplies prana or vital life energy for mental, physical and spiritual health.
CHAKRA MEDITATION is a form of meditation that relaxes the mind and nurtures a healthy balance between inner and outer worlds.
For more than 2000 years, meditation has been a part of mankind way of life. Every religion known to man uses some form of meditation as a means to achieve a higher form of spiritual consciousness.
During this workshop you will intensely focus on sounds, colors, breathing rhythm that cuts down on your stress levels, enhance relaxation and gain personal and spiritual growth.
Thoughts and feelings are stored in chakras. in order to prevent blockages and health related complications it is necessary to release them. This meditation not only discharges old emotions and thinking patterns but also makes room for new growth.
So don't miss this oppurtunity of experiencing the heavenly and Divine Energy. I look forward to meet you at HELP on 19th.
Date: Thursday, 19 July 2012-07
Venue: Health Education Library for People,
Duration: 1 hr 30 mins.
To register: Please contact HELP at 65952393/94 and 22061101
|“DECODING MYSTERIES OF PATIENT SAFETY” is the first workshop by Patient Safety Alliance and Health Education Library for People. The workshop was aimed at empowering patients to reduce incidents risking the safety of the patients, starting with them. The objectives of the workshop were :|
|2. To create awareness various factors responsible for enhancing the risks to patient safety,|
|3. To provide guidance on effective mitigation of these risks and enhancing patient safety.|
|The topics which were covered were:|
|1. Knowledge empowerment:|
|1. Effective consultation with the doctor|
|2. Patients’ role in preventing medication errors|
|3. Points to remember while getting admitted and discharged from the hospital|
|4. Patients’ role in Infection Prevention|
|2. Legal Empowerment:|
|1. Patient's Rights and Responsibilities|
|2. Taking legal recourse when things go wrong|
|3. Use of internet to find
authentic medical information